The Department of Lifelong Learning and Extension [DLLE] (known earlier as Department of Adult and Continuing Education and Extension). The department is committed to provide basic education to the masses.
The Extension work projects currently carried out online by the for the graduate/postgraduate level. There are seven project identified under two categories. WCCBM has registered for online project called Information Communication Technology-Skills Development Education Programme (ICT-SDE).
The course is of 120Hrs, out of which 80Hrs is a online program & 40Hrs is to give opportunity to the students to apply classroom knowledge for the benefit of the community. After the completion of120Hrs students are entitled for a benefit of 10 grace marks.
In the academic year 2012-2013, fifty students registered for the program. Every year the DLLE department organizes the annual extension work festival titled ‘UDAAN – The Flight of Extension’. In this student participate in poster competition and street plays.
WORK TO BE CARRIED OUT BY THE STUDENT (DURATION 80 HRS.)
- Find your expertise, interests, and talents for ICT skills within you and choose the course category of your choice.
- Identify & find details about your ideal choice before you choose it.
- Discover your Hardware/Software/Network technology and general knowledge strengths and see what suits best for you.
- Log on to the website of the department and perform as per the guidance.
- Select a course online which best suits to you
- Complete the courses of your choice for minimum 80 hours.
- Appear for the online examination and gain the merit certificate.
- Take a printout of a certificate.
Prepare a report of the project undertaken by the student while carrying out the extension education, field works, with full details and the attainable benefits to the society, for which the activities have been undertaken. . This can be submitted either online or in hard copy together with the certificate printout.
FIELD WORK - OUTREACH ACTIVITIES (Duration 40 hrs.)
Each student has to participate in field outreach activity for minimum 40 hrs including preparation hours as mentioned below:
1. Seminar, Campaign
2. Audio-visual show (video clips, power-point presentation)
3. Preparations of posters, pamphlets & banners
4. Skit and any other form of presentation.
The above mentioned field outreach activities should be organized by a group of maximum 50 students only, at nearby school, NGO, Temple place, Hospital campus or any other appropriate area which suits with the activity (with the due permission of the authority of the said place) where the people can be easily gathered and managed. Please do not organize these activities on road / footpath creating traffic problems.